Chevrolet, the Bow Tie emblem, Fleetline, emblems and body designs are trademarks of General Motors Corporation and are used under license to Galaxie Limited.
Kit #98021 1948 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery
$28.95 (USD) each
Back To 1948 Chevy Model Page
Before there were vans and minivans, there was the sedan delivery. These workaday hybrids of car and truck were always seen in the cities and on the roads of America back in the immediate post-World War II years. Chevrolet's vehicles were known as the value leaders of their time, and played an important part in the beginnings of the American postwar economy. Many years later, these "plain Jane" vehicles would serve as a canvas to the customizer, rodder, racer, and general car enthusiast.
Galaxie Limited's 1/25 scale 1948 Chevrolet Sedan Delivery model kit is a true 3-in-1 customizing kit that can be built as stock, custom, or commercial delivery versions. Each kit is molded in the highest quality light gray, clear, and transparent red styrene plastic. All of the parts are packaged in sealed, individual plastic bags. Amongst the Sedan Delivery kit's special features are:
- Authentic black vinyl tires with press-in wide whitewall inserts
- Trim parts included to build 1946, 1947, or 1948 model years
- Opening hood with poseable hinges
- Choice of stock or lowered suspension heights
- Detailed Chevy "Stovebolt" six-cylinder engine that can be built stock, or with optional speed equipment including three Stromberg 97 carburetors, Edelbrock racing intake manifold, and chromed Wayne valve and tappet covers
- Fully detailed interior with separate door handles, window cranks, armrests, pedals, finely engraved multi-piece instrument panel, and seats
- Optional windshield visor and fender skirts
- Real metal transfer emblems and body trim
- Full color decals printed by Microscale
Paint and cement for plastic models are required for assembly, and are not included. Your local hobby shop can provide you with those finishing materials needed to build and complete Galaxie Limited's '48 Chevy kits.
Skill Level 3.5 - recommended for experienced modelers.
Contains small parts, not suitable for young children